Privacy Statement & Data Protection & Refund Policy
14 Days Money Back Guarantee
If, for any reason, you or your child(ren) didn't like our offer, you can get a full refund anytime, within 14 days after your purchase and start of subscription. If you have any issues, just get in touch with our friendly support team at firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll either help you out until you get the results you need or give you a swift refund.
Neo Energy Ltd
Company House No 12015844
Director: Oliver Friedrich
2 Eastbourne Terrace,
Phone +44 (0)7763041697
Your data is important to us and we want you to be able to get assurances that we are handling your data carefully we offer the below means of contacting our Data Protection Officer, should you ever need to.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com if you put FAO Data Protection Officer in the email.
If email is not your preference contact method, you can write to us at any time. Our address is Data Protection Officer, Neo Energy, 2 Eastbourne Terrace, London, England, W2 6LG.
Privacy and Security
We may use the information you provide us for:
- Services you have asked for from us such as a loyalty scheme or smart meter installing.
- Offering you products and services from our partners.
- Helping run and improve our services and products.
- Creating statistics and marketing reports. We may investigate how much gas and electricity you use from meter reading on your account.
- Contacting you about products and services that we are offering.
How we will contact you:
We will always attempt to contact you first by your preferred method of contact that will be stated on your account. That could be one of the followings:
- Text Messaging
- Other forms of electronic communication
(including web chat, Facebook, Trustpilot and Twitter)
- We may visit you under certain circumstances
Information we may collect about you:
Information you provide us via phone conversations, emails, social media, electronic communication and filling out online forms via our website. Each time you connect to our website we may capture information about the device you are using at the time and some information stored within the device. We may also use GPS technology to determine your location. You will be asked to allow this feature if it is a requirement.
The personal information we collect about you:
What will we collect?
- Contact Data: This includes your name, postal address, email address, Date of birth, phone number and any other information we may need to contact you or identify you.
- Financial Information: This includes your bank account and payment details relating to the services provided by Neo Energy.
- Energy Supply Data: This will be data related to your meter that we collect including consumption, meter technical information and supply dates.
- Technical Data: Please see What are Cookies? Section.
- Priority Services/Vulnerable Customer Data: This is the data we keep identifying the extra services you may require. This includes health and financial vulnerability data.
Please remember that it is important that your personal data is kept up to date. If there are any changes to your personal data, please let us know.
When we collect this data?
Neo Energy (and our customer service advocates) collect certain information from and about you during the enrolment journey and when you get in contact with us or use our website and self-service features.
Use of this data:
- We may also use collected data to improve our services we provide you. This data will be anonymised to protect your identity.
- For Training, Quality and security purposes we may also record and monitor any communications between you and Neo Energy. These communications include but are not limited to Phone conversations, Email, Web-chat, Twitter and Facebook.
We will only use personal information where we can by law. Generally, this will be under one of the following circumstances.
- Improving website and services.
- Giving you the information that you have asked for.
- To notify you if we change anything on our website such as our products.
- Asking you to fill out surveys/feedback forms on our website and products.
- To verify your identity and/or location to allow access to your account and to conduct online transactions.
When you first provide your information to Neo Energy you are given the chance to opt in and out of receiving further marketing relating to third party companies that we may become involved with may in the future. At any time during your time with Neo Energy you can choose to opt in and out of this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosing your personal Information:
We may allow a certain types or organisation as stated below in our access to your personal information table, organisations including the following:
- Metering Services: who provide our engineering services and Industry data collection.
- Customer Relationship Management Provider (CRM): IT and System administration services.
- Contact Centre(s): Business process outsourcing (BPO) partners, System administration and IT
- Credit Check Agency
- Debt Collection Agencies: Please see our Terms and conditions.
- Professional Services: such as the following lawyers, bankers, auditors, insurers, private consultants, legal and insurance services.
- Regulators and authorities: services based in the UK who we need to report to about what we are doing with your personal data.
Our third parties who only process data on our behalf won’t use your personal data for their own purposes and we only permit them to use it in accordance with our instructions and the law.
Disclosing information outside the EU
Sometimes the organisations listed above may be outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we, our agents or our service providers do this, we’ll always make sure that these organisations adequately secure your personal information. We always ensure our third-party service providers operate with the highest of security standards.
Storage/Protection of this data:
All information will be stored on secure servers protected to the highest standards.
We follow strict security procedures to protect your data, therefore when you contact us you may be asked to verify some personal details to proceed.
Any payment transactions carried out by us or our third-party provider will be encrypted.
When we give you a password, we ask that you keep that password confidential and to not share it with anyone else.
We will only hold your personal data for as long as necessary for the reason we collected it, while complying to any legal requirements.
You have legal rights with regards to your personal information. These are the following:
- Request access to a copy of your personal information.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Request correction of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request a transfer of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent to your personal data.
To access any of the above services please send the request to email@example.com
In accordance to GDPR requirements, please allow up to 40 days for Neo Energy to process your request.
From time to time we may send you marketing emails that you subscribe to during the registration process. You can contact us anytime to unsubscribe from them.
Data Policy Protection Statement
Transparency, accountability and trust are core values of Neo Energy. Therefore, is the legislation of the European Union (EU) a milestone in this area. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be effective from May 25, 2018. To put it simple, customers will have a greater influence over what, how, why, where and when their personal data is used, processed, or disposed. Any organization that works with EU residents personal data has the obligation to protect the data. This is in fundamental interest of Neo Energy and we will provide any customer the tools to get their information at any time, if they request it.
At Neo Energy, transparency and a on trust-based relationship with our customers are honored goods. We will never use data of our users without permission of them. We will never sell data from customers to third parties without permission. From the beginning the Neo Energy way included the commitment to data privacy and protection, so we are meeting the industry standards for ISO 27001 and SOC 2 Type 2. Our Data Processing Agreements, which were already in place, are edited to full compliance with the GDPR requirements.
Neo Energy need to collect personal information about customers in order to provide its services. This information includes name, address, email address, date of birth, private and confidential information and sensitive information. We ensure that Neo Energy treats and will treat personal data lawfully and correctly.
The GDPR refers to personal data and sensitive personal data, which are special categories of personal data. Personal data mean any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. This includes, name, identification number, location data or online identifier, reflecting changes in technology and the way organizations collect information about people. The GDPR applies to automated personal data and to manual fling systems where personal data are accessible according to specific criteria. This could include chronologically ordered sets of manual records containing personal data. Personal data that has been pseudonymized can also fall within the scope of the GDPR depending on how difficult it is to assign pseudonym to a individual. We will ensure to comply to following standards:
- Data is obtained, and information is processed fairly
- Data is always kept safe and secure
- Data is only processed for its intended purpose
- Data is not retained for longer than it is necessary
- Every Individual has the right to be forgotten
- Provide a timely response and access to data for subject access requests
Therefore, we will encrypt, anonymize or delete user data, perform data audits or assessments using data processing logs and create provisions for data subject rights and seek for possibilities to enhance security for user data.
Should you have any questions regarding Neo Energy and GDPR please contact us on 0800 011 9650 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and our Data Protection Officer will respond.
What are cookies?
We use programs such as Google Analytics and Facebook Ads to monitor web traffic for the purposes but may not be limited to the following;
- Number of visitors on our website;
- The most popular method of getting to our website;
- How long people spend on certain pages;
- Browser types;
- Operating systems;
- Track non-sensitive text typed into websites.
For more information on the services provided by these programs please see the following, you can also at any time refer to the following sites to stop us collecting this data:
It is important to note than some cookies are vital for the functionality of some of our services.